Overview & Eligibility:
Permanent residency (aka Green Card) applications require careful, complete and professional preparation of your documents and information. Our law firm has significant experience with and knowledge of all the relevant criteria for all permanent residency categories. During your consultation we will discuss the facts of your case and provide an assessment of your application. We strive to get it right the first time and we will do our best to facilitate the approval of your application. We are proactive in the application process and we communicate with immigration officials as required.
There are a variety of ways to become eligible for permanent residency including but not limited to the following:
- Special Immigration Status
- Refugee or Asylee Status
- Human Trafficking and Crime Victims
- Victims of Abuse
- Other Categories
Our law firm can carefully review your eligibility and prepare a thorough and professional application.
If you are inside the United States, and meet eligibility requirements for application, our firm will prepare your application for adjustment of status.
If you are outside the United States, our firm will work through consular processing for your permanent residency application.
A typical process looks something like this:
- File an immigrant petition
- After USCIS approves the immigrant petition, and there is a visa available in your category, you file either a Green Card application with USCIS or a visa application with the U.S. Department of State.
- You go to a biometrics appointment to provide fingerprints, photos, and a signature.
- You go to an interview.
- You receive a decision on your application.
The evidence required for green cards varies substantially depending upon your category of eligibility. You must prove that you meet all requirements of eligibility for your category in order to apply for permanent residency. Our law firm is familiar with and has significant experience with a wide array of permanent residency applications. Contact us today to get started!